Last updated: Sept. 23, 2020
As COVID-19 restrictions continuing to change, we at CT Beer Tours are closely monitoring state guidelines and will continue to post updates on this page.
Currently NO PUBlC TOURS or SHUTTLES are being run at this time.
PRIVATE TRIPS to breweries, vineyards, cideries and distilleries are being booked on a first come, first serve basis. To fill out an inquiry, click here.
It is with utmost importance for our guests, affiliates and employees to be safe and follow strict guidelines.
Each facilities guidelines vary. A few of those guidelines are as follows.
⁃ Breweries in order to remain open are requiring you to purchase some sort of food or snack. Even if it is something as simple as chips or fries.
⁃ All facilities have 6ft separated seating and is filled on a first come first serve basis. You cannot move around furniture, therefore your group may need to be split up or have to wait to be seated.
⁃ All facilities require that you remain seated at your tables. No standing or walking around.
⁃ Some facilities have waitstaff where they come to you, while others prefer one person at a time to order at the bar area. (There is no bar seating at this time).
⁃ You MUST wear a mask in and out of the facility, or when walking to the bathroom, food truck, or to order.
⁃ Masks when walking around and staying seated are strictly inforced. In the event that a guest jeopardizes the health and safety of another guest, a guide, or a brewery employee or customer (i.e. is asked multiple times to wear a mask, refuses to wear a mask, refuses to remain seated at table and abide by social distancing guidelines, etc), they will be removed from the tour, and no refund will be issued.
⁃ No drinks maybe taken off of the beer tour vehicles and into the facility and vice versa no glassware/drinks can come out of the facilities and onto the vehicle
Public Tours and Shuttles will remain closed until the state allows for bars to be open at full capacity.
PRECAUTIONS WE ARE TAKING TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
• If you forget your mask , we will provide for our guests to wear for the duration of their tour.
• Hand sanitizer is available on our vehicles.
• In the event that a guest jeopardizes the health and safety of another guest, a guide, or a brewery employee or customer (e.g. refuses to wear a mask, refuses to abide by social distancing guidelines, etc.), they will be removed from the tour, and no refund will be issued.
• Guides will wash hands, in compliance with the CDC guidance on handwashing, at least once at every brewery, especially when touching multiple items.
• If our guides are bussing a table to help out the brewery staff, they will wash hands immediately following.
• Drivers and guides will take their temperatures frequently to monitor for fever and will not work if they are sick. After an illness, a guide can return to work after receiving a negative test for COVID-19 or having no fever for 14 days.
• We will have an on-call guide and driver every weekend to replace any sick employeez
• We will clean and sanitize all surfaces of the van prior to, and following, every tour using approved sanitizers.
• Guides and drivers will wear a mask during all portions of the tour.
We look forward to returning back to normal but until then, we appreciate your cooperation in complying with these guidelines.